Thursday, December 18, 2008

How do messages get posted on here?

I was asked recently how messages are posted on this blog. SO I will try to give it a shot and explain it...

First of all, anytime a person posts a message, I receive an e-mail notification. This is to prevent someone from posting something that would be slanderous. You may think that is a form of censorship, but this is considered a personal web blog, not an "official" city website. As I stated from the beginning, this is my personal website, so you may see post items which are not "city-related".

Second, once I receive the e-mail notification, I have to click on the message to "publish" it to the website. Therefore, you may post a response and not see it on the blog for a day or two, depending on when I check my email and when I get around to reading all my email.

Third, no messages are edited once they are posted. ONE message on here says it was deleted...by me. I accidentally hit the delete button earlier this week posting a response. I am not sure if I can actually delete a response, without deleting the entire initial posting.

I hope this clears up the "rules" about responding, and I hope no one feels any less inclined to do so....