Monday, February 23, 2009

COMMENTS TO BE CLOSED DOWN

Effective immediately, the comments page on this website will be closed down. The level of personal attacks and accusations have reached a level where I am not comfortable with allowing people to continue to post anonymously. It is a shame a few people, assuming it is only a few, have ruined this page. I am tired about arguing about turf and the parking around the college, when those issues have been decided long ago. I like a spirited debate, but it always comes back to the same issues and the same accusations. When I have people on this blog accusing me or other officials of "screwing the people" and being corrupt, I believe we have reached the point where the blog is no longer effective, and simply becomes a soapbox for individuals who can certainly find their own blog site and blog on their own to publish their conspiratorial theories and visions for the future.

A disturbing trend has taken place on this blog. Once a person is challenged, or does not like the answers they read, there has to be something corrupt, evil or hidden with the person doing the answering. We are seeing this with the school district, Congress, the legislature, etc. I don't want to play that game. No one comes out ahead, and nothing productive comes from it.

I have never made a decision with the intent of "screwing the people:. To even insinuate something like this is completely baseless and without proof and merit. I have made my decisions, and, in many cases, I do not even vote, but don't let some facts get in the way of a good argument, with the best interests of the city in mind. I represent EVERYONE, but I can not represent EVERYONE'S interests and objectives. Some decisions will be unpopular, and may be detrimental to some people, but that does not make them unethical or corrupt.

If you wish to comment or ask questions, you certainly can email me : arkramer@charter.net. I will post the questions on the blog, and answer them to the best of my ability. You can also post comments if you choose to have a signed account. Once again, I am sorry that a few bad apples have ruined it, and, maybe, down the road, I will allow comments to be posted again, but, for now and the foreseeable future, that will not be offered as an option. Thanks much.