Saturday, November 15, 2008

UPDATE ON SANDMAR SUBDIVISION

This email went out to the neighbors of Sandmar Subdivision this morning:

I apologize, because I had planned to write to you by the end of October, which is now 2 weeks ago. In waiting, I hoped to be able to share more with you, but unfortunately that's not the case. I want you to know I've been in regular contact with the developers and their engineers over the past 6 weeks (since my last update), and that the Mayor and City Council have discussed issues related to Sandmar inclosed session at each of their last 3 meetings. Although Sandmar's engineers have made progress, there really isn't anything specific thatI can report at this time. But please know that the City is continuing to work with others in an attempt to adequately address your drainage concerns in a timely manner.We have a meeting set with the developers and their engineer on Thurs,Nov 20th, and hopefully this will be productive. Regardless of the outcome of this meeting or the Council meeting on Nov 24th, I'll write you another update on December 1st. In the meantime, I wish each of you a very safe and enjoyable Thanksgiving!
Steve Barg
City Administrator