Wednesday, January 28, 2009

What Governor Doyle won't say in his State of the State

By Kevin Fischer - Tuesday, Jan 27 2009, 09:39 PM
Here are the top 10 statements you won’t hear Governor Doyle make when he delivers his State of the State address Wednesday night:
10) (Applause) “Thank you. Thank you. Relax everyone. Smoke ‘em if you got ‘em.”
9) “I stand here tonight to deliver the annual State of the State address because…Barack Obama did not ask me or want me to be part of his administration.”
8) “We must repeal the QEO for two reasons. One, WEAC told me we have to.”
7) “The other reason we must repeal the QEO is so Wisconsin property taxes can remain the highest in the nation.”
6) “I call it a hospital assessment because I actually think there are plenty of people in Wisconsin who don’t realize that it’s actually a hospital tax.”
5) “I vetoed photo ID…….three times.”
4) “I am the governor of one of only two states in the country where law-abiding citizens who have undergone extensive training and background checks cannot carry a concealed weapon to exercise their Second Amendment Rights and protect themselves and others.”
3) “Wisconsin has a huge structural deficit. I have no idea how to fix it. Legislators, you figure it out.”
2) “Come to Wisconsin. It doesn’t matter if you have health care, a job, or citizenship. We’d be glad to take care of you.”
And the #1 statement you won’t hear the Governor make in his State of the State address Wednesday night (or if he does, you best not believe him):
"We should not, we must not and I will not raise taxes."