Monday, October 20, 2008

39 YEARS DOWN....SO MANY MORE TO GO

So, my 39th birthday has come and gone. Of course, this birthday was the first one I celebrated with Emmy (pictured right). She joined Mommy and Kylie in giving Daddy two very manly birthday presents...a six-pack of Blue Moon Pumpkin Beer (their autumn brew) and a three-pack of boxers. Does life get ANY better than that?

Do I feel older today? HECK NO....I have told more than one person that my best years are still to come. Of course, I may not think that after the election next month (LOL), but, with a beautiful wife and two precious children, optimism should be the name of the game (if not my 401-K) for the future. I am looking forward to 2009 (a family vacation we hope, Kylie in 4-year old kindergarten we pray, a World Series in Milwaukee we hope and pray), and will be counting for the winter days to come to an end.

So I celebrated my birthday with a Packer win (evening their record to 3-3 on October 19th. It was their first win on this date since 1986. The reason for the long gap between 1986 and 2003 is that the bye week usually fell on my birthday week)
PACKERS RECORD ON OCTOBER 19th

YEAR OPPONENT RESULTS STARTING QB
2008 versus Indianapolis Colts W 34-14 Aaron Rodgers
2003 at St. Louis Rams L 24-34 Brett Favre
1986 at Cleveland Browns W 17-14 Randy Wright
1980 at Cleveland Browns L 21-26 Lynn Dickey
1975 at Dallas Cowboys W 19-17 John Hadl *
1969 at Los Angeles Rams L 21-34 Bart Starr
* - Bart Starr's first game as Packer head coach